My uncle has two dogs. One is big and the other is small. He likes them very much.
One day, Mr. Smith came to visit him. When the friend saw two holes in the door, a large hole and a small hole, he was surprised and said, ;My dear friend, why are there two holes in your door?; ;Let my dogs come in and come out, of course,; Mr. Smith asked. ;But why are there two holes? One is enough!; ;But how can the big dog go through the small hole?; my uncle said.
Sometimes a clever man may make such mistakes.
我的叔叔有两条狗。一只是大的,另一只是小狗的.。他很喜欢它们。
有一天,史密斯先生来看他。当这个朋友看见门口上有连个洞,一个是大洞和一个小洞时,他感到吃惊并说,;我亲爱的朋友,为什么你的门上有连个洞?;我的叔叔回答说:;当然是让我的两条狗进出了。 史密斯先生问到:"为什么门上要两个洞呢?一个就足够了。"我叔叔说:;大狗怎能走小洞呢?;
从前,在一条小溪旁长着一棵老树。这棵老树已经三百多岁了,在老树旁的牵牛花爬到了老树上,开了花。树上有只小鸟。牵牛花每天清晨吹起喇叭叫小鸟起床,小鸟每天给老树和牵牛花唱歌。
有一天,一只蜗牛来到了这里,小鸟对他说:“你上来吧,这里可以看见很远的地方。”小蜗牛一听乐了,说:“好主意。”小蜗牛在老树下休息了一天之后,准备起程了——趴到了老树干上,小鸟看见了哈哈大笑,“你这个傻子,昨天我和你闹着玩,你还当真了!还真的往上爬啊?蜗牛,就以你那速度——三小时爬不到一米,哈哈,三年后,你也爬不到啊!”说完,她又笑起来。
小蜗牛不在乎,沿着树干往上爬。一天,两天,三天……半个月过去了,小蜗牛连大树的十分之一还没爬到,.牵牛花和老树忍不住了,说::“小蜗牛,你还是放弃吧,以你这速度,我们敢保证你五年都爬不到树顶。”小蜗牛听了,又难过,又有点后悔了。可是他想起了妈妈说的话,“做什么事情都不要半途而废,否则你永远不会成功。”小蜗牛想:我不能半途而废,我一定要坚持爬上去,一定能行的。
一个月,两个月,三个月……一年过去了,小蜗牛终于爬上了树顶,看到了远处的美丽的景色。小鸟、牵牛花和老树都向小蜗牛道歉:“对不起,我们不该笑话你。”小蜗牛开心地笑了。
我们也该向小蜗牛一样,做什么事情都不要半途而废,要坚持到底,就一定会成功。
以下是少儿英语频道为大家整理的《100字伊索寓言英语小故事:替猫戴上铃铛》,供大家参考。更多内容请看本站少儿英语频道。
Kitty the Cat is eating all the mice. The mice are afraid to come out of their mouseholes.
猫咪凯蒂几乎吃光了所有的'老鼠。老鼠们都非常害怕,不敢踏出鼠洞半步。
Kitty: Meow… I got you, little mouse.
凯蒂:喵呜……我抓住你了,小老鼠。
Little Joe: Oh, please, Kitty! Let me go. I am too small to eat.
小乔伊:哦,求求你了,凯蒂!放我走吧。我太小了,不够你吃的。
Kitty: I don’t mind. I am very hungry right now. (gulp!
凯蒂:没关系。我现在太饿了。(一口吞下小老鼠!
Kitty the Cat eats poor Little Joe and looks around for another mouse.
猫咪凯蒂吃掉了可怜的小乔伊。又继续四处寻找其他的老鼠。
Kitty: That was delicious. But I’m still not full. I need another one. Meow…
凯蒂:味道真不错。可是我还是没饱,我得再找一只。喵呜……
Lenny and Theodore are also mice. They see everything.
伦尼和西奥多也是老鼠,他们目睹了这一切。
Lenny: Did you see that, Theodore?
伦尼:你看到了吗,西奥多?
Theodore: I sure did, Lenny. It was terrible.
西奥多:我看到了,伦尼。太可怕了。
Lenny: Kitty is getting fatter and fatter every day. She is eating more and more.
伦尼:凯蒂一天比一天胖。她越吃越多。
Theodore: Soon she will eat all of us. We need to do something.
西奥多:很快她就会把我们都吃光。我们必须采取行动。
Lenny: You’re right. But what can we do?
伦尼:你说得对。但是我们该怎么做呢?
Theodore: Let’s have a meeting first. Tell all the mice to come to my house tonight.
西奥多:我们先开个会。告诉所有的老鼠今晚到我家来。
Lenny: Don’t worry. I’ll tell everyone to come. We’ll all be there.
伦尼:你放心吧。我去叫所有的人来。我们大家都会到。
© 2022 xuexicn.net,All Rights Reserved.