Grandpa was ill. He was lying on the bed all day. He looked haggard and frowned. Originally smooth and round face suddenly added a lot of wrinkles, black and shiny hair also lost the luster of the past, a few strands of white hair quietly climbed to the top of the head.
在我上学的日子里,幸好还有小猫陪在他身边,带给他一些快乐。希望爷爷早日好起来,继续和我一起幸福地生活。
In my school days, fortunately, there are also kittens around him to bring him some happiness. I hope Grandpa will get better soon and continue to live happily with me.
以下是少儿英语频道为大家整理的《100字伊索寓言英语小故事:替猫戴上铃铛》,供大家参考。更多内容请看本站少儿英语频道。
Kitty the Cat is eating all the mice. The mice are afraid to come out of their mouseholes.
猫咪凯蒂几乎吃光了所有的'老鼠。老鼠们都非常害怕,不敢踏出鼠洞半步。
Kitty: Meow… I got you, little mouse.
凯蒂:喵呜……我抓住你了,小老鼠。
Little Joe: Oh, please, Kitty! Let me go. I am too small to eat.
小乔伊:哦,求求你了,凯蒂!放我走吧。我太小了,不够你吃的。
Kitty: I don’t mind. I am very hungry right now. (gulp!
凯蒂:没关系。我现在太饿了。(一口吞下小老鼠!
Kitty the Cat eats poor Little Joe and looks around for another mouse.
猫咪凯蒂吃掉了可怜的小乔伊。又继续四处寻找其他的老鼠。
Kitty: That was delicious. But I’m still not full. I need another one. Meow…
凯蒂:味道真不错。可是我还是没饱,我得再找一只。喵呜……
Lenny and Theodore are also mice. They see everything.
伦尼和西奥多也是老鼠,他们目睹了这一切。
Lenny: Did you see that, Theodore?
伦尼:你看到了吗,西奥多?
Theodore: I sure did, Lenny. It was terrible.
西奥多:我看到了,伦尼。太可怕了。
Lenny: Kitty is getting fatter and fatter every day. She is eating more and more.
伦尼:凯蒂一天比一天胖。她越吃越多。
Theodore: Soon she will eat all of us. We need to do something.
西奥多:很快她就会把我们都吃光。我们必须采取行动。
Lenny: You’re right. But what can we do?
伦尼:你说得对。但是我们该怎么做呢?
Theodore: Let’s have a meeting first. Tell all the mice to come to my house tonight.
西奥多:我们先开个会。告诉所有的老鼠今晚到我家来。
Lenny: Don’t worry. I’ll tell everyone to come. We’ll all be there.
伦尼:你放心吧。我去叫所有的人来。我们大家都会到。
远处有一所学校,没有一点喧哗声,甚至连一点翻书声都没有,我走近一看,没一个人,教室门和办公室的门紧紧的闭着,铁锁将那些教室门和办公室的门狠狠的'锁着。我不明白这是怎么回事,便询问周围人,他们告诉我一个我不愿听到的结果——这所学校关门了!那孩子们上那儿去读书;教师们去那儿教学;祖国未来有谁建设。听到这儿,他又告诉我一个不幸的消息——世界上没有书了,孩子都没有书读了。
我被愣住了,没有书!没有书那会给世界带多大的灾难了!我不敢相信这一切,便到其它地方去看,其它地方的情况显得更糟,因为学校被拆毁了,只留下成片的废墟。沮丧的我乘车回到城里的住所。在公路上,我碰到了大批的文盲在公路上乱跑,他们完全不知交通规则,我只好停下来步行回家,而在步行的同时,我看到了很多具死尸,他们都是因为交通事故而死的。市场里混乱不堪,小偷随处可见,许多人没有住处,建筑师少得可怜,人们忍饥挨饿……
没有了书,人们的生活将变得混乱不堪;没有了书,世界将会变得死气沉沉。
1 A good case in point is ...
2 As an illustration, we may take ...
3 Such examples might be given easily.
4 ...is often cited as an example.
© 2022 xuexicn.net,All Rights Reserved.